Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- Paper: Unknown, my stash
- Stamp: Retired SU
- Ink: Stampology Onyx
- Embellishment: Rings (from Dollar Tree), ribbon
- Embossing: Cuttlebug Textile
Saturday, September 20, 2008
someone else did, but change 2 to 3 things on it. So I changed the colors, the image and I stamped the hearts in glitter. I've been wanting to try out glitter stamping, so with my Martha Stewart Glue Pad and her glitter (both purchased at WM) I tried it out and was pretty happy with the results below. In case you haven't figured it out, I just love this little bear, he is sooooo adorable! He always makes me smile!
- Stamps: Stamping Bella My Beary Best Friend, Doodlebug Hearts, Studio G Sentiment
- Paper: DCWV black dots, SU all other
- Ink: Martha Stewart Glue Pad, Stampology Onyx
- Other: Martha Stewart Glitter, Grograin Ribbon
Friday, September 19, 2008
So I'm sitting at this computer, surfing my favorite stamping mojo blogs and I hear the trash rustle behind me. Just KNOWING that it's Spanky (and with a name like Spanky, doesn't that just spell TROUBLE? He was named Spanky because he was a "little rascal"...which still proves correct to this day) getting into the trash YET AGAIN, I start yelling at him. Normally he stops immediately, but this time he didn't. So I kept yelling at him...not turning around, just telling him to knock it off and GET OUT OF THE TRASH!
Then I happen to look to my right (where our sofa is) and he's in his spot on the couch looking at me with that "what did I do?" look...and I STILL hear rustling in the trash can...then I think, ok which OTHER dog is in there...nope they are all in the sofa vacinity...so I actually get up and go for a look-see.... yeah, he's there...Mickey MOUSE...who immediately hopped up over the can and ran under my oven...sigh... I've got my trap set, but it looks like he doesn't like gum drops and I'm out of rice crispy treat's and I'll be danged if I'm making an ENTIRE batch for a mouse (because the bigger mice in this house will have the ENTIRE pan eaten in a day...it really is a killer on our diet!...LOL)...although I'm just SURE he'd love it! I'm just hoping I scared him enough that he's decided there's better places to scrounge around for food instead of our trash!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
- Paper: Imagine That (green), kraft and white unknown.
- Ink: Distress Ink Shabby Shutter
- Stamps: Penny Black Lace Flower, Inkadinkado Thank You.
- Punch: SU scallop, EK Success small circle, Nestabilities large circle
- Ribbon: Grograin
- Brad: Unknown
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Stamps: Penny Black Lace Flower, CTMH Happy Birthday Script
Paper: Cardstock from my stash (sorry I don't have better info...just trying to use up what I have!)
Ink: Colorbox White Pigment, CTMH Olive
Brads: Queen & Co.
Other: Paper piercer, sponge dauber
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Here's our "unofficial photographer" in the bright blue along with the rest of our students...this is also the same group we're taking to Congress... they look like trouble makers don't they?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
- Stamps: Stamping Bella My Beary Best Friend, Sentiment by Hero Arts
- Paper: PP Sandylion Baby Girl Flowers, Cardstock unknown
- Other: Flowers Queen & Company, Brads unknown
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
- Happy Halloween, You Old Bat!
- Happy Haunting
- Bewitching Hour
- Spooky Night
- Halloween Night
- A card had a witch on a broom that said "I'm out earning frequent flyer miles".
- From one spook to another
- Have a Good Night
- Tricks or treats no extra charge
- Are you a good witch or a bad witch?
- Best Witches!
- Beware ! It's Halloween
- It's Halloween! When creatures of the night turn on the heat!
- Have a creepy, crawly Halloween!!
- Time to let.... your dark side show!
- Happy Halloween Be prepared for surprises.
- It's fright night Happy Halloween
- When the moon is riding high, you know it's party time!
- Witching you a Happy Halloween
- Tonight's the night to dress up and act out all your fantasies
- Now that's frightening Happy Halloween
- There's a bad moon on the rise
- Hope you survive the night. Happy Halloween! Have a magical (or mystical) night.
From Sharon S:
- From ghoulies and ghosties And long-leggedy beasties And things that go bump in the night, Good Lord, deliver us! ~Scottish Saying
- Something wicked this way comes.
from Yours Truly:
- Witch way did he/she go?
- Boil, boil, toil and trouble...
- Feeling batty
- Have a bewitching night
- You're so Boo-tiful!
- (Frankenstein card)Frankly my dear.... (inside) have a frightful halloween!
- (spider card) Dropping you a line...(inside) for a happy halloween!
Monday, September 8, 2008
My showmanshippers ROCKED! Charlotte won under both judges in her Novice Amateur class, Janet was 1st in her Select Amateur Class, Kaytlyn was 2nd & 4th in her Novice Youth class and then came back to be 4th & 6th in the 14-18 class...which is a BIG deal because she placed RIGHT BEHIND WORLD/CONGRESS Champions...and this was the 2nd show she's showed this horse at...pretty nifty! And let's not forget our newest student Sydney, who was 4th & 6th in Novice Youth and who showed her tail end off... I'm so proud of all of them, they really stood up and showed for all their classes!
So we all came home happy and tired...even the horses...they are pretty much sleeping today away!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades.
Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities
and adventures. Lately, their activities had been
limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.
One day they were playing cards when one looked
at the other and said, 'Now don't get mad at me....I
know we've been friends for a long time.....but I
just can't think of your name! I've thought and
thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me
what your name is.' Her friend glared at her. For at
least three minutes she just stared and glared at her.
Finally she said, 'How soon do you need to know?'
So where is this blog you might say...well right here:
For each sketch put up, there are several examples (and hopefully mine soon!). So now I'm off to gather some ideas for the sketches...I'm sooooooo excited...go take a look around her site, it's new, but I'm betting it's gonna be a really great blog!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
You are in my thoughts pumpkin card Recipe:
Stamps: All hero arts, except for the swirl on the pumpkin itself, that's Studio G.
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Paper: Cardstock Joann's Value Pack, PP My Minds Eye
Other: CM Circle Punch (for pumpkin), Birthday Candle Punch (for pumpkin stem), Pebbles Chalk, AMM ribbon
A warm hello Recipe:
Paper: SU Lavendar Lace, PP Miss Elizabeths (green),
Stamps: Basic Grey two scoops, hero arts sentiment, Daisy small flower.
Punches: SU Scallop, Circle punch
Ink: Marvy Black, SU Lavendar Lace
Other: Flower from Dollar Tree
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
This was our last weekend at home for awhile...we'll be "on the road" from here on out until the first weekend of October and then we'll be gone for two weeks to the All American Quarter Horse Congress...the Largest Single Breed horse show in the WORLD! It's in Columbus Ohio (you can take a look at it at www.OQHA.com). It's quite the horse show and draws people in from all over the country.
Well toodles for now...
Monday, September 1, 2008
- Paper: SU Pretty In Pink
- Stamps: SU Think Happy Thoughts, Stamping Bella Cupcakeabella
- Embossing: Cuttlebug Spots and Dots, Nestabilities
- Circles: Smaller happy birthday circle punch, Large scallop circle by Cricut Mini Monograms, Nestabilities Circle
- Flowers: Queen & Company
- Brads: unknown
- Glitter: Stickles