First gather your supplies, scallop punch or die, string, tape and cardstock.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
First gather your supplies, scallop punch or die, string, tape and cardstock.
This card came together quickly, although it took several hours to create BECAUSE this was my 3rd project...LOL...my other two cards just wouldn't "come together".
I had caught the tail end of a scrapbooking tv program (and I mean the last two minutes) on PBS (sorry don't remember the name of it) and saw this neat string embellishment...and thought what a great way to present a snowflake! Basically you wrap your string back and forth around a scalloped (or pinked) die and it resembles a spiro-graph (remember those?). I'll have an easy tutorial later for you today on how this is done and how simple it really is. Since I wanted my snowflake front and center I kept my stamping to a minium and just added some swarvoski crystals for a little bling. Thanks for looking, recipe below and be sure to check back later when I have the tutorial up...
- Stamp: Studio G
- Dies: Nestabilities Scallop Square
- Punches: Martha Stewart Snowflake, Stampin' Up Scallop
- Other: String, Rhinestones, Pop Dots, Glitter, Xyron
Monday, January 25, 2010
Not only that...pretty cool prize too...digi images from Dustin Pike...he's got some GREAT boy/man images (trucks, dragons, etc...), so please be sure to check him out!
Now let's discuss this card, I actually started with my sentiment for inspiration and chose my image around that...(which I found in my All That Scraps folder, Gingersnaps Celebrate. Now who says girly stuff can't become more masculine?) Anyway, I colored my main image in with Copics, airbrushed the edges and added chunky glass glitter on the rim... so easy...and actually I may have to do more manly cards...it went together quickly...since I didn't add buttons n bows n all that frilly stuff!...so now it's YOUR turn, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Digital Image: All That Scraps Gingersnaps Celebration
- Nestabilities: Circle and Pinking Circle
- Paper: (scraps...sorry...cute though, isn't it...I DO remember I got it at Archiver's...)
- Other: Chunky Glass Glitter, Copics, Copic Air Gun, Pop Dot, Glue (for glitter)
Sunday, January 24, 2010
- Paper: DP Me and My Big Ideas, Cardstock Joann's
- Stamp: Fairyland Dreams Cupid Set (find it on Etsy)
- Punch: Heart by Posh Impressions
- Other: Copics, Copic Air Brush System, Glitter by Doodlbug, Pop Dots, Ribbon and Charm
Monday, January 18, 2010
My card this week incorporates the Cutting Cafe Digital Paper (the hearts) and BOTH of my sentiments came from the Cutting Cafe. I LOVE the digi paper...the hearts come clear so you can make it ANY COLOR you want... LOVE digital versatility! My little cupid comes from a "new to me" digi-store off of etsy called Fairland Dreams. I just love this little guy... Thanks for looking today and I can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Sentiment and DP: Cutting Cafe
- Cupid Image: Fairyland Dreams
- Paper: Joanns
- Other: Nestabilities heart and scalloped heart, Copics, Pop Dots, Fiskars Apron Lace Punch, Martha Stewart Lace Heart Border (the little hearts at the negatives from that punch)
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Our sponsor this week is: SIMON SAYS STAMP
PRIZE: $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE and FREE SHIPPING
This week I made a Valentinish Card for a special friend... I didn't send ANY Christmas cards this year (I know...oh the horror!), so I thought maybe I could send a few Valentine's instead... and what better way to get started!
All my inspiration started with the paper flower and you can get a tutorial on it from Tim Holtz HERE. I didn't go quite as far as he did with the layers, but I did stamp my text, punch out, crumple, cut, adhere, assemble and then added some spray adhesive and glitter. I was then so happy with my flower I decided it needed to go on a lovely heart, which is stamped, cut and stiched onto my card. I then wanted a little more OOMPF for my flower...so I added a Cuttlebug Butterfly (embossed and then cut in two) and some mini silver garland leftover from Christmas... I added a border onto the bottom and my sentiment and WA LA...all done!
Thanks for looking, can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Stamps: Paper Trey Ink Fancy Flourishes and Text, Stampin Up All Sayings
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo
- Paper: Joann and Georgia Pacific
- Punches: Stampin Up Scallop (flower), Cuttlebug (butterfly), EK Success (apron border), Nestabilties (heart)
- Other: Black Rhinestones, Black Thread, Black button, Heart Rhinestone, Pop Dots, small silvery garland (bought from Hobby Lobby in the tiny tree ornament section).
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Now I KNOW I'm a minority as it seems that MOST people revolve around this pig skin, but really, I just CAN'T get into it. I grew up with it, when the Bronco's went to the superbowl...I forget my age, but too young to drive and off to my uncle and aunts we went (so I was a captive prisoner!). We got there and everything was Orange and Blue, right down to the ICE.CUBES...uhh...yeah, the ice cubes.... I was bored out of my mind, although I have discovered I did enjoy the football snacks...and there was quite a bit of yelling and screaming at the t.v. ... yawn...
So when K asked me to watch football with him this evening...ummm no, NOT gonna happen...
WAIT...did I just see a buff guy in TIGHT pants....hmmmmmmmmmmm
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
This has been a crazy week, but in a good way... DH's brother and friend left after a week + of visiting, and we both now have facebook accounts. I've had such a great time catching up with people I haven't chatted with for about 15+ years...it's been good to catch up.... DH is now totally addicted and checks his status as much as he can...so funny!
Anyway, let's get onto this week's card, shall we? This week I used a freebie image from Mo Manning (if you join her Paper Craft Planet group you can get it free too...). I decided to go with Gamsol Magic and colored pencils and then I edged my image with a new punch (to me) that I scored at Joann's sale from EK Success (bracket). I added my sentiment (studio g...doesn't it just go?...all my dog's are smitten with me...I just know it, they are ALWAYS snuggling up to me...I just love it!) and added my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder and some crystals
and just a little ribbon. I want to mail this card, so I kept my lumps at a minimum! Thanks for looking...be sure to check out the rest of the DT's creations...
Sunday, January 10, 2010
- Stamps: Papertrey Ink Fancy Flourishes
- Paper: Basic Grey and Paper Studios
- Ink: Marvy Uchida
- Other: Flower, Glitter, Adhesive Spray (for glitter on flower), Martha Stewart Punch, Love Charm, Organza Ribbon, Spray Bottle w/water, red pipe cleaner and wire cutter, stick pins.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
and here it is FULL...complete with sleepy dog! LOL and oh I forgot too mention...it smells LIKE Yankee candles.....yum!
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Below is my dining room table with SOME of the cookies to exchange....
Below is Shauna M...with her plate of "taste testing" cookies....
Below is Elaine and Janet, sitting back ...probably waiting for the line to go down around the cookie counter (see people lined up behind them...)
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
My card is fairly straight forward, I pop dotted some of the hearts and added some Stickles to my creation. I also created a simple tag to bring it all together. Thanks for looking today...can't wait to see what you come up with!
- Digital Image: Shirley's 2 Girls
- Stamp: Stampin' Up
- Paper: Stampin' Up
- Other: Gamsol Magic, Key Tag, Heart punch, rhinestone, organza ribbon, Stickles
Sunday, January 3, 2010
ions or anything else you’d need or use for a party. Oh, and don’t forget to stamp!
- Stamp: Inkadinkado Hearts & Love
- Paper: Paper Studio
- Ink: Memento
- Other: Copic Air Brush System, Copic Marker, Rhinestone, Organza Ribbon, Lace, Nestabilities Labels 4