Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday: Life's a Beach

This week on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge our challenge is to create a card or project that has a beach theme, something that you'd see at the beach or just uses colors you relate to being at the beach.

Our sponsor this week is Shirley's 2 Girls...which concidentally, is the image I used (grin!).

Now while my card doesn't SCREAM beach, these are some colors (being a transplanted California native) that I remember fondly from my beach fairing days...lots of pink bikinis and the warm yellow sand and sun! Doesn't this gal and her pup look like they are going for a great little drive? Makes me feel like I'm in my 20's again...LOL

For my sun, I used a star type of punch (Martha Stewart)...punched out 5, ran them through my xyron and stuck them together to come up with a honeycomb type of sun...just for a little pop off my card...

Thanks for joining me today...please note...I'm horse showing through the entire month of JUNE (and for those that don't know...it's my job...horse show trainer)...so...I'll be hitting the internet randomly as I don't yet have a laptop and I'll be ummm...horsing around...LOL
Recipe:
  • Image: Shirley's 2 Girls
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Fancy Flourishes and Background Dots
  • Punches: SU scalloped edger, Martha Stewart Star
  • Ink: CTMH and Marvy Uchida
  • Other: Stickles, Rhinestones, Grosgrain Ribbon, Pop Dots, Copics

1 comment:

Adria Slauterbeck said...

such a cute and fun card! I love how you did the image and the sun is fabulous as well as the clouds.