Sunday, September 5, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Distress It

This week on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge our challenge was to Distress our item via any means possible...ink it, sand it, crumple it, wrinkle it...what a fun fun challenge!

Our sponsors this week are
My Favorite Things (who graciously donated the DT's stamps for the project)
Prize: $25 Gift Certificate
and
Prize: 4 Digital Images
My card this week card this week uses an image from a line called Pure Innocence, the stamp is called "Are we there yet" which can be found at My Favorite Things. I just adore this line...I love the adorable, yet simple images in this line.
For my distressing I decided to ink my edges of the card, of the flourishes, and I also decided to distress the white cardstock by sanding and piercing.... giving it a more aged look. I also decided to pull out my colored pencils and Gamsol and color this little gal in, although I did use Copics for her skin. This was such a fun little card to put together...thanks for joining me today, I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Recipe:
Stamp: Pure Innocence Are we there yet
Paper: Joann's and Paper Studio
Other: Pearls, Flower Sticker by K & Co, button by CTMH, lace, piercer, ink, Copics, Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Maya Road pins, Sizzix Die Flourishes, Jewelry Tag

4 comments:

Marjo said...

Hi Paula,

This is such an adorable card! WOnderful DT creation.

Hugs, Marjo

Sprytebyrd said...

This is just beautiful, Paula! Such wonderful colors and great detail as always!
I sure am gonna miss you! Good luck in everything you do!
Hugs,
Dee

Adria Slauterbeck said...

ooh I love it! the flower..the pearls...the inked edges..the adroable image!
So many fun and SHABBY details!
Great work!

Chef Gaynol said...

Wonderful cards! I love the distressing, wish I was better at it, LOL!