(ok, I couldn't resist...LOL...my mom was and still is a Trekkie! LOL...a little rubbed off)
It's release day at the Doodle Dragon Studio (aka Dustin Pike) and if you nabbed yesterdays FREEBIE Moon background, today you've got some fun space images to go with it!
Who can resist this dragon in a space ship? Not me...but I've had this little circle box in my head For.EVAH! So I decided that the dragon in his space ship would look fantastic flying by it!
Isn't he cute? I altered the little sign just a bit, it comes blank so you can fill it in with whatever sentiment you want, so I added my "Party Fun" and the arrow and printed it and the Space Dragon off...then colored both with Copics, cut them out and put some Stickles on them and set aside to dry... Now let's make the box:
Planetary Party Favor
- 2 - 4"X4" Glossy Photo Paper
- 1 - 2 1/2" X 6" Strip of Cardstock
- Nestabilities Circles
- Scor Pal
- Double Stick Tape
- Brayer the 2 pieces of Glossy Photo Paper and place aside until dry
- After they have dried, using the largest Nestabilities Circle Die, cut out a circle from each
- Place aside
- Get your 6" Cardstock, place it on your scor pal so that the long edge is to your left, and score at 1/2" and 2" (this is a 1/2" in on each side)
- Now take your scissors and cut little slits TOO the score line but not beyond it (what we are doing is make this so we can ease it around the circle), do this on both edges.
- Place double stick tape down both edges.
- Get your planet out and flip over to the wrong side.
- Now bend your tabs in, so that the double stick tape adhears to the planet and all you see from the edge is a folded edge.
These are really quick to make and I could see doing a dozen of these easily in an evening.
Thanks for joining me today...be sure to check out Dustin Pike's new images, so absolutely adorable! Check below for the recipe:
- Stamp: Digi Stamps by Dustin Pike
- Ink: Marvy Uchida
- Paper: Photo Glossy Paper, White Cardstock
- Other: Nestabilities Circle, Scor Pal, Stickles, Pop Dots