Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Winter Blues

Welcome to another fun Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, this week our challenge is Winter Blues, you are to make a winter project only using the colors blue and white! Our sponsor this week is IN STYLE STAMPS and our winner of this challenge will win 4 digi images from them!

This card came together quickly, although it took several hours to create BECAUSE this was my 3rd project...LOL...my other two cards just wouldn't "come together".

I had caught the tail end of a scrapbooking tv program (and I mean the last two minutes) on PBS (sorry don't remember the name of it) and saw this neat string embellishment...and thought what a great way to present a snowflake! Basically you wrap your string back and forth around a scalloped (or pinked) die and it resembles a spiro-graph (remember those?). I'll have an easy tutorial later for you today on how this is done and how simple it really is. Since I wanted my snowflake front and center I kept my stamping to a minium and just added some swarvoski crystals for a little bling. Thanks for looking, recipe below and be sure to check back later when I have the tutorial up...
Recipe:
  • Stamp: Studio G
  • Dies: Nestabilities Scallop Square
  • Punches: Martha Stewart Snowflake, Stampin' Up Scallop
  • Other: String, Rhinestones, Pop Dots, Glitter, Xyron

4 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, Paula!!

Maia said...

that is adorable and really inventive, Paula! great job. ;-)

Tracy said...

This is beautiful
Love it.

Carolyn said...

Paula, this is just gorgeous. Everytime I tried to comment yesterday it took me to Sarah's blog instead of yours. What a great idea for mounting cards. I just love it.
Hugs xx
Carolyn