Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Friendship using only Black/White/Silver

This week on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, our challenge is to make a Friendship card, only using the colors Black, White and Silver!

Our sponsor this week is: SIMON SAYS STAMP
PRIZE: $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE and FREE SHIPPING

This week I made a Valentinish Card for a special friend... I didn't send ANY Christmas cards this year (I know...oh the horror!), so I thought maybe I could send a few Valentine's instead... and what better way to get started!

All my inspiration started with the paper flower and you can get a tutorial on it from Tim Holtz HERE. I didn't go quite as far as he did with the layers, but I did stamp my text, punch out, crumple, cut, adhere, assemble and then added some spray adhesive and glitter. I was then so happy with my flower I decided it needed to go on a lovely heart, which is stamped, cut and stiched onto my card. I then wanted a little more OOMPF for my flower...so I added a Cuttlebug Butterfly (embossed and then cut in two) and some mini silver garland leftover from Christmas... I added a border onto the bottom and my sentiment and WA LA...all done!

Thanks for looking, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Recipe:
  • Stamps: Paper Trey Ink Fancy Flourishes and Text, Stampin Up All Sayings
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo
  • Paper: Joann and Georgia Pacific
  • Punches: Stampin Up Scallop (flower), Cuttlebug (butterfly), EK Success (apron border), Nestabilties (heart)
  • Other: Black Rhinestones, Black Thread, Black button, Heart Rhinestone, Pop Dots, small silvery garland (bought from Hobby Lobby in the tiny tree ornament section).

No comments: