Digital Tuesday's Challenge this week is to make a project that is "Shabby Chic". So I had an idea of WHAT Shabby Chic was, but googled it anyway and this is what I came up with:
"Shabby chic doesn't follow rigid rules and is a hodge-podge of mismatched colors, textures and materials with an aged looked to them. "
Dare You to Digi Stamp Friday was to add some bling to your project...
Now were these two challenges made to match or what? LOL
I started off with Digital Stamp Oasis' image Susie Squirrel Watering Flowers...she is so adorable and soooo Springy...she's such a favorite of mine! I colored her in with Copics and then I sponged the edges to distress it a bit. I then layered it a scalloped rectangle and sponged that also. THEN I got out my pink paper and decided since this is supposed to be "distressed"...what more could I do to paper? Well, Crumple it, of course! (now this is WAAAAAAY outside my comfort zone! LOL) So I crumpled, and crumpled and crumpled, then I opened it up and decided I needed more distressing, so then I got my distress edger and did that (in hindsight it probaby would have been easier to do that BEFORE the crumpling!) and then I added a little ink on with my sponge and then I sewed it down, added my Susie image and then stickled the background of the pink paper. I added the ribbon, the tag and the flower with leaves and "aged" those with some more ink. I hope you enjoy, this was a fun card to make...thanks for visiting me today and the recipe is below!
- Digital Image: Susie Squirrel Watering Flowers by Digital Stamp Oasis
- Rubber Stamp: Flower by Paper Trey Ink, Thanks by Hot Off the Press Expressions
- Paper: The Paper Studio
- Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Photo, Memento, SU Pretty in Pink
- Die: Nestabilities Rectangle and Rectangular Scallop, Punch Martha Stewart Leaf
- Other: Stickles, Tag, Grosgrain Ribbon, Silk and Paper Flower, Button, String, Sewing Machine