Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stamptacular Challenge #3: Black and White, Plus ONE

Here is my creation for this weeks Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #3, Black and White, Plus One, which means I used the colors Black, White, Plus one of MY choosing...so I chose PINK! I've had this idea floating around in my head for quite some time and I was very excited when I finally got to create it!

I know a lot of you think this card was TONS of work, but it really wasn't, it was slightly repetitive, so that made it go really quickly...I'm going to break down the directions for you today on this card... at least the butterflies part...

Directions:
  • Emboss your background
  • Layer it on your card (as shown below)
  • Punch out Butterflies
  • Run them through a Xyron Machine
  • Add your pearls for the bodies
  • Add your pop dot on the back (make sure you keep the covering tab over the adhesive that attaches to your card...you don't want it to glitter up or it won't stick!)
  • Holding your pop dot, add your glitter
  • Bend the butterfly wings up
  • Remove the tab and attach the butterfly to your card

I did START with the pink butterfly first and put the rest of the butterflies around that one...I also added a black, flat butterfly and then layered the pink one on top for a more dramatic effect.

See...easy peasy! Another Photo and recipe below...thanks for joining me today...be sure to stop over at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog and see what the other DT members made!




Recipe:
  • Paper: SU Whisper White and Pink (sorry don't remember which...)
  • Punch: Martha Stewart Butterfly, Family Treasures (for the sentiment)
  • Glitter: Making Memories
  • Pearls: Martha Stewart
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug Swirls
  • Other: Pop Dot

21 comments:

Jacquel said...

Fabulous creation Paula...I may have to join in on this one as it seems to be quite easy! tfs!!!

Carmen O. said...

WOWZA this is GORGEOUS! I love that it's easy as well. This one really stood out to me. Love it.

Powerful Search Engine said...

Beautiful I love the sentiment and the pretty butterflies hugs pascale

Michelle Quinno said...

It looks like either Pretty in Pink or Regal Rose to me. Can you tell I'm a SU paper geek?!!

It's beautiful!!! Love what you did with the butterflies.

Janneke said...

Great card!

Love the butterflies you made

Janneke X

Carly said...

Oh so beautiful!! It's just gorgeous!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Paula!
This is gorgeous!!!
I love how you did this...with the one pink flutter!
Blessings, Maria

Unknown said...

Simply stunning Paula.

Joanne x

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This card is so elegant. Love the look of all the butterflies taking flight. Also, is there anything better than pearls and glitter? Love it!

Laura VanVleet said...

This is so beautiful, Paula! It just took my breath away when I saw it! Fabulous card!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the card as much as I do the sentiment. Beautiful!!

Miss Molly said...

I don't know what to say except that this card is absolutely fabulous...you should win an award for this one!

Ellibelle said...

Paula, this is amazing.

Sprytebyrd said...

Paula, this card blew my Mom away! She counted every single butterfly and said "Wow, this must have taken forever!" It's so pretty!! Someone will be very happy if you ever send it out!

iReneM said...

I love this!!!
An absolutely stunning creation.
A brilliant design :-)
x

MaryJo said...

Wow, spectacular!!

Anonymous said...

Stampendous!!! LOL!!! I love it!!!

~Lori Roop said...

Totally gorgeous!! I love the all the white !!

Liza said...

This is such a stunning card Paula, the black and pink butterfly looks amazing and really sets it off.

Liza x

Carolyn Bounds said...

This creation is heavenly!!!! It totally captivated me, and I literally could not take my eyes off of it. You are absolutely AMAZING!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

sumbine said...

Your card looks absolutely beautiful Paula, so elegant!

Sabine