Thursday, March 26, 2009

Digital Stamp Oasis Sketch Contest

Have you been to the Digital Stamp Oasis Blog? There's a sketch contest going on right now...here's the details:

"To celebrate the new Digital Stamp Oasis Design Team I am giving away some blog candy. I don't have a picture of it yet, I still want to get a couple of things to add to it. But wanted to post the sketch and details today.To win this blog candy you will have to
1. make a card using the sketch below...but there is a catch...you have to use something digital on your card. It can be a digital image (from any [digital] stamp company), a sentiment you make on your computer, digital Designer paper, or anything else digital you can think of.
2. Post your card on your blog and post about this blog candy challenge with a link to my blog.
3. Post a comment in the comment section with a link to your creation."

So here' s my card in celebration of the contest;

I used Susie Squirrel Loves Dandelions (isn't she just the cutest? she also reminds me of a skunk...kind of like Flower from Bambi...doesn't she remind you of Flower?) for my image and colored her in with Copics. I layered her and used my Threading Water Border punch for the scallops on her border. Now, I NEVER have enough Thank You cards...so I decided this would be a perfect opportunity, so I stamped my sentiment and then punched it out with my Martha Stewart Pinking punch, I then stamped, cut out, pop dotted and stickled the little butterflies. I followed this sketch a little loosely, but a still happy with the results. Be sure to take a browse around Digital Stamp Oasis' Store...lots of cute images that are easy on your pocketbook! Recipe, Sketch and a close up below...thanks for looking and be sure to enter the contest to win some fab blog candy!


Recipe:

15 comments:

Sharon said...

What a pretty card, love the way you coloured the image. Gorgeous.
Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing more of your work.
:0)

Jacquel said...

Too cute Paula and I love the colors you used....tfs!!!

Michelle Quinno said...

That's adorable!!

Unknown said...

Oh your card is so cute! Love the little butterflies floating around and the color combo! Great job!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! That image is just adorable! Lovin' that sketch, too! I'm going to have to try to get in on that.. i've got some digi images that I can play with!

Ellibelle said...

Paula, this is so sweet!! Love your coloring, and you are right Susie Squirrel could easily be Susie Skunk. Even her initials would be the same LOL.
I love this card!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful card Paula, love the yellow, so bright and cheerful.

Joanne x

Laura VanVleet said...

Adorable!!

Erin... said...

so cute, love the color combo

Laura Pryor said...

I love this image! It's so cute. Why didn't I buy it? I smell a purchase!!! I love DSO's images!!! When is the challenge until? I think I might have to play!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Great card. Your coloring is really great too!

Janneke said...

Great card ;)

Alicia said...

That yellow and black is a knockout great job.

Stampin' Meg said...

Super duper cute!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Paula :-) I love this image, haven't used it yet ! Think I will rectify that tomorrow :-) I think she could be a skunk too !
Lorraine