Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Cake Obsession, Cake Pops

As some of you may know, I have a new obsession...all things cake! Which is rough on the ol' diet! However, I have a "share" today (not one of my own)...in case you've been hiding under a rock for the past few years, cake balls are one of the hottest growing "cake" trends going. You can make them into these adorable cake "pops" (or cake on a stick). I made these for the first time this year and my husband swears they are like ding dongs on steroids! LOL

The best directions I have found is on Bakerella's blog (view her photo below) PLUS she has a new book called Cake Pops...love love love it!
Below is the book...I ordered my book off of amazon (and the photo below should take you right to amazon), however I have seen "briefly" these books in Wal*Mart...I say briefly because they have flown off the shelves! The book is VERY detailed with the instructions.....and such cute projects!
Ok, really, I'm getting to my point. Now I've made several of these cake pops, but have always had trouble making the cupcake looking pop... it never turns out they way I want...sigh... but wait no more, there is a new MOLD that makes it a ...well...piece of cake! LOL (drumroll please). You can purchase these molds at MyLittleCupcakePop.com. That site also has a video tutorial and a NO Bake cake pop recipe as well as a blog with adorable ideas...
So for those looking for a fun valentine's project for the kids or maybe just for yourselves...check it out... these are such fun...and a big favorite around my house!

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

I'd never make them because I'd eat every last one!! I will pass along to my friend who has tried and failed with these.