Thursday, October 30, 2008

Glow in the Dark....eek!

Are you ready for Halloween? Have you made your jack-o-lantern yet? That's my favorite part, making a jack-o-lantern, I'm really a kid at heart...then I love seeing the pumpkins (cuz I can't make JUST ONE! Heavens no!) all aglow along my porch....anyway, back to the business at hand...
Here's a card for the Card Sketch a Day blog. The moment I saw the sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do with a Halloween theme.... Glow in the Dark EYES in a window....oooooooo! However finding Glow in the Dark paper proved next to impossible (even with internet searching), I did finally find some...but with shipping it was going to be $15...and I needed about 4" worth... so I did the next best thing, Glow in the Dark PAINT and make my own paper. Finding the paint was difficult, but I finally did at WM, it's made by Plaid. I used 3 coats on glossy paper...I let each coat dry overnight (so it was awhile in the making of the paper)...I probably could have gone a few more coats, but I was anxious to see the results! Here's what the Plaid Glow in the Dark paint looks like:

Here's the card in "regular" daylight.

Here's the card in the dark. I wish the picture could have turned out a little better, I had trouble taking the picture...my camera seems to want High Levels of LIGHT to take the picture (hmmm....go figure! LOL) . The eyes in the pumpkin glow, as well as the word eek and the eyes in the window.

Recipe
  • Stamps: Inkadinkadoo Cats & Bats sentiment
  • Paint: Plaid Glo Away
  • Ink: Stampology Onyx
  • Embellishments: Pumpkin MM Spellbound, tear drop punch, Cricut Opposites Attract at 1"

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Brilliant, Paula! I would never have thought to paint it. Love how it turned out!