Monday, October 27, 2008

While away, the mice will play

So we've been gone for about two weeks, before I left, I made sure the refrigerator was empty, the trash taken out, all crumbs removed, basically, anything that would make this place attractive to those of Mickey's relations...all to no avail. The first night we are home, we get home late and fall asleep immediately upon our return. The next day I keep catching something out of the corner of my eye during the day...not thinking much of it, I return to my computer duties (bookwork to be caught up on)...and then it happens...Mickey pokes his little nose out of my printer...which is eye level and sits to the right of me....now as I retrieve my heart out of my throat, I do the only thing I can think of...I send something to the printer thinking the noise will drive the little devil back to where he came from... My page prints completely...no sign of Mickey and I go back to my computer work...at LEAST an hour later, he has returned...sitting on his hind legs staring at me eye to eye as if to say "na na na na, you can't catch me" and returns inside my printer...at this point I grab the printer and the nearest dog and start shaking the printer...which Mickey eventually falls out onto the dogs foot, who looks at it with no interest and goes back to chewing on it's bone... "oh my hero" (rolling my eyes)...sigh... It's a good thing I'm self-reliant...LOL I was hoping for a truce while we were gone...but alas, our battle continues...quite frankly, at this point, we're losing! ugh!

2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Eeeeeeeeeeek! I think I would have died right there.
My dh found a salamander in our basement last weekend! I thought he was kidding so I jumped a mile when I saw the little sucker! Now he keeps teasing me that Sally is waiting for me in the basement!

Chef Gaynol said...

Okay, I know this has already been said but EEEEEEKKKKKK (high pitched girly scream enhanced with hands waving about!) I'm pretty sure my heart would have given out. Who knew mice liked printers?