Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cards for Kids Valentines

Well I've been a little slow on my blog here lately...we've finally gotten into the full swing of things at the barn and when you've been inactive for a couple of weeks and then go back to regular duties...well, you come home TIRED! LOL! A good tired, but tired none-the-less, so my stamping/scrapping/blogging has suffered a touch...ANYWAY...
We have also been dealing with ONE LAST CHRISTMAS...whew...and I can officially close CHRISTMAS for 2008...seems like we celebrated it for 2 months straight...it was fun, but I'm ready to move forward into 2009...it's seems funny to celebrate Christmas when I'm making VALENTINES! LOL!
Anyway, I did manage to sneak some stamping time in last night and found the CUTEST kitty on squigglefly.com, and not only was he cute, he was ON SALE! I decided he would be purrrfect for the Cards for Kids Valentines Drive that I signed on to do...he's easy to color and since he's a digital image, I printed him and a few sayings I made up, right off my printer and went to town coloring them in while relaxing in "the" chair last night. These are super simple, but since I'm doing mass quantities of these I wanted to keep them quick...recipe is below...
Recipe:
  • Image: Digital Image from Squigglefly.com Purrfectvalentine1
  • Sentiment: My own printed from my printer
  • Paper: Scraps (gotta use up that scrap pile!)
  • Other: Colored Pencils, Nestabilites Oval and Scallop Oval

2 comments:

Jacquel said...

These are really cute Paula! Great idea to use a scallop for the valentine...might be casing you!!!!

Laura VanVleet said...

oohhh...I love these sweet little kitty valentines!! What a super idea!!!