Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pleated Flower Valentine

Does anyone know how 1" of snow turns into 6+"? We were predicted 1"...I now have over 6" sitting on my porch...I'm still scratching my head on that one! Kevin has been on the bobcat all morning trying to dig us out so we can operate...it's funny how 6" of snow will slow us down to a crawl...and now the FUN part...when it melts...which is all good and fine unless you are riding a horse in the indoor arena and the snow slides down the roof...the horses don't care for it that much and since they are fright and flight creatures, that leaves me grabbing for leather/mane, whatever I can get my hands on when they are in the midst of "Flight"...because if I'M not careful, I'll be flying OFF of them ... LOL... such is the nature of MY job!

ANYWAY, below is card...looks kind of familiar doesn't it? This was actually for the Paper Craft Planet Sketch Challenge AND the Cute Card Thursday Challenge (which was to make a Valentine)...and I wanted another go with Tilda sitting in an open heart, but with RED instead... This is a large card, it measures 5" X 7"...and it's HEAVY, I think I might have to put a penny weight on the back to keep it from falling forward...I have SEVEN buttons on the front making it a little tipsy... I enjoyed paper pleating so much yesterday I wanted to try a pleated flower...(for a tutorial go here), and after a couple of tries I got one done the size I wanted it. I then put my sentiment tag over the top of it. I added seven buttons below Tilda and put heart stickers over the holes. Everything else is pretty straight forward.



Recipe:
  • Stamps: Magnolia Tilda w/a Pink Heart, CTMH Sentiment
  • Paper: K & Co
  • Punch: Martha Stewart Lace
  • Lg. Heart: Cricut George Cartridge
  • Other: Small Hearts by K & Co., Organza Ribbon, White Buttons, Pleated Flower


6 comments:

Jacquel said...

Wow! this is really pretty Paula...LOVE it!!! tfs!!

Laura Pryor said...

I love that she's sitting in the heart. This is adorable. I love that stamp!

Michelle Quinno said...

So cute!! Love everything about it.

Hey, we got 6-8 instead of the 10-12 they predicted. Now we're getting freezing rain on top of it. UGH.

Kristine said...

Hi Paula...this is so very CUTE! :) Love your banner puffed out like that...and your heart and beautifully colored Tilda! Great card.

Deb said...

oh my goodness, it is beautiful!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge!

sumbine said...

WOW...such a fabulous card...great work!