Wednesday, January 21, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge #21, Bunny Bliss

I have to admit, when I visited the House Mouse Challenge Blog and saw this challenge, I panicked a little...it was a color challenge...and colors I'm not "comfortable" with...the colors I had to work with were:
  • Cameo Coral
  • Old Olive
  • Night of Navy

The dream team of this blog had done fantastic things with their cards...I was just hoping I could pull it off.... Once I was done panicking and started looking at the colors and my dp, I thought maybe, just maybe I could pull it off...

So I chose Bunny Bath, cut him out with my rectangle Nestabilities, colored him in with colored pencils and added some stickles to his steam. I then backed him in Navy and decided to put him on a slight slant. I then sat there and pondered HOW I was going to add the Cameo Coral, and I spied in my "Valentines" stuff a pack of stickers by Marah Johnson that had the word BLISS on it...PERFECT and "almost" Cameo Coral, so I decided to use it...doesn't the Bunny LOOK like he's in BLISS? I also spied my long forgotten heart punch and added some hearts and prima flowers with REAL Swarvoski rhinestones...so pretty (Ya know I gotta have my bling!).

So what do you think? Did I pull of this color challenge? As always, recipe below...

Recipe:
  • Stamp: House Mouse Bunny Bath
  • Ink: Staz On
  • Paper: My Minds Eye
  • Punch: Posh Impressions
  • Ribbon: American Crafts
  • Flowers: Prima
  • Other: Stickles, Swarvoski Rhinestones, Pop Dots

12 comments:

Jackie said...

You did a fab job with the color challenge! your card is too cute and colored so well....wonderful job!!!

Linda said...

Cute card and nice coloring job! I want that stamp next!

mamichelle said...

You rocked it!!

Love that stamp, your coloring, and everything about it!

Elizabeth said...

WOW! that is an awsome card! You did a fab job!

Debsg said...

Aww I can almost hear the tiny mouse's sigh as he sinks into the hot water! Great card.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very pretty, sweet image great card.

Susan said...

What a neat color combo. I like the glitter "steam" and the sentiment.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, this is such a fabulous card.

Laura said...

Very nice, Paula! Your colors look great together!! Sweet image!

Annchen said...

super cute!

Deb Riell said...

Great Coloring. What a fun image.

Els G. said...

Lovely card! You combined the challenge colours so beautifully.
Els
x