Wednesday, January 21, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge #21, Bunny Bliss

I have to admit, when I visited the House Mouse Challenge Blog and saw this challenge, I panicked a little...it was a color challenge...and colors I'm not "comfortable" with...the colors I had to work with were:
  • Cameo Coral
  • Old Olive
  • Night of Navy

The dream team of this blog had done fantastic things with their cards...I was just hoping I could pull it off.... Once I was done panicking and started looking at the colors and my dp, I thought maybe, just maybe I could pull it off...

So I chose Bunny Bath, cut him out with my rectangle Nestabilities, colored him in with colored pencils and added some stickles to his steam. I then backed him in Navy and decided to put him on a slight slant. I then sat there and pondered HOW I was going to add the Cameo Coral, and I spied in my "Valentines" stuff a pack of stickers by Marah Johnson that had the word BLISS on it...PERFECT and "almost" Cameo Coral, so I decided to use it...doesn't the Bunny LOOK like he's in BLISS? I also spied my long forgotten heart punch and added some hearts and prima flowers with REAL Swarvoski rhinestones...so pretty (Ya know I gotta have my bling!).

So what do you think? Did I pull of this color challenge? As always, recipe below...

Recipe:
  • Stamp: House Mouse Bunny Bath
  • Ink: Staz On
  • Paper: My Minds Eye
  • Punch: Posh Impressions
  • Ribbon: American Crafts
  • Flowers: Prima
  • Other: Stickles, Swarvoski Rhinestones, Pop Dots

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

You did a fab job with the color challenge! your card is too cute and colored so well....wonderful job!!!

Linda said...

Cute card and nice coloring job! I want that stamp next!

Michelle Quinno said...

You rocked it!!

Love that stamp, your coloring, and everything about it!

Elizabeth said...

WOW! that is an awsome card! You did a fab job!

Unknown said...

Aww I can almost hear the tiny mouse's sigh as he sinks into the hot water! Great card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, sweet image great card.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a neat color combo. I like the glitter "steam" and the sentiment.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, this is such a fabulous card.

Laura VanVleet said...

Very nice, Paula! Your colors look great together!! Sweet image!

Andrea said...

super cute!

Deb Riell said...

Great Coloring. What a fun image.

Els G. said...

Lovely card! You combined the challenge colours so beautifully.
Els
x