Tuesday, March 31, 2009

CAS Sympathy

K's great grandmother passed away last week, so some sympathy cards were needed. I decided since this was a somber occassion, that I would forgo the embellishments and just leave this as a clean and simple card.

I must say though, that the first time I saw this stamp set (Paper Trey Ink, With Sympathy), I absolutely fell in love with it...and actually delayed my purchase (I have no idea why) and have now used this set for several upcoming projects I have...I am truly in love with this set! These leafy vines can be used for so many things and the floral choices in the set can really change the look of your project! Check back here in the next few weeks to see what else I have done with this Sympathy set (and it's totally not Sympathy)...thanks for looking ... recipe below as usual!


Recipe:
  • Stamps: Paper Trey Ink, With Sympathy
  • Paper: SU Kraft, Heavenly Blue
  • Ink: SU Heavenly Blue, Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters, Old Paper

7 comments:

Michelle said...

So sorry about great grandma, but it's a beautiful card! I always struggle with sympathy cards!

Line said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Your card is truly beautiful and the sentiment too.

Hugs, Line

Jacquel said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Paula...beautiful card though!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Paula.

Perfect card for the occassion, beautiful.

Joanne x

MaryJo said...

Love the delicate look of this card!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Beautiful card. I'm so sorry about your hubby's grandmother though.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

This is beautiful. I have this set and really haven't used it much (thank goodness) but I like your inspiration!
Sorry for your loss as well :*(
Maria