Friday, August 15, 2008

Christmas in August?

So I was out and about doing various errands the other day and ran into Dollar Tree (one of my favorite haunts) and what do my wandering eyes do appear? Santa and some of his reindeer...in August? Right next to the school supplies? Really? They had only put up the halloween/fall decor just a week earlier and now, santa, his wreaths and wrappings? Am I supposed to deck my home in yuletide jolly and enjoy Christmas for 4 or 5 months out of the year now? I admit, I HAVE started my Christmas shopping as we have a HUGE family to shop for, but come on...Christmas in the stores? I do think it's a bit much.
With that said, I did get to enjoy some paper crafting last night. I bought the paper in the fall of last year and since the retailers are trying to rush Christmas and it's beginning to feel like fall around here (it's been an unusually mild summer for us), I thought I would make a fall feeling card...enjoy!

  • Paper: (witch) Rusty Pickle Heathers Stripe, (happy haunting) SEI Halloween Hoopla, Orange CTMH, Black/White what I had in my stash
  • Punch: Scallop by Martha Stewart
  • Ribbon: Unknown
  • Embossing: CB Textile
  • Ink: Black Marvy, I rubbed the inkpad over the orange embossed paper to "age" it.

1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Very cool! It looks like metal (the cb bg).