Friday, August 22, 2008

So cute, yet soooo bad

So after the LONGEST day EVAH...I do my final horse inspection/water for the day...at 10:30 p.m., after this I know a little tv and my bed is waiting. So I let the hounds of hades out to do their last little business and I go about to mine (the horses). My youngest dog, Ruby, bounds out of the house, barking before her feet even hit the dirt from the porch and bounds off into the crops...not unusual...and I go about my business and finish up and then I head back to the house. About 1/2 way to the house, I smell it, that eye watering, bile rising, nose plugging smell of SKUNK! Now saying a silent prayer that Mr. Skunk didn't meet with any of the hounds, I head up to the house, calling the hounds and praying...and they all bound happily in...and now the inside of my house smells like the skunk was with them...sigh... so after a sniff test and no "clear" winner, we all went back out to the barn for an 11 p.m. bath.... and the winner of the skunk is.....






Spanky! aka STINKY! Now how could something so cute smell soooooo bad I'll never know. I need to go and get the ingredients for the "smell" cure today...I'll let you know how that turns out..

1 comment:

Chef Gaynol said...

It's a good thing they're so cute!! My hound from hell tried to take on the UPS truck yesterday. Good luck with the de-skunking.