Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Fall with Digital Stamp Oasis

I don't know where you live, but here in Indiana the weather has been very reminiscent of fall... we've been steady in the high 70's and low 80's which reminds me of October rather than August, so it got me in the fall mood...
I decided that Susie Squirrel (by Digital Stamp Oasis) with her acorn would be perfect for a fallish card, so I colored her with Copics and cut her out. I made the large acorn with my Nestabilities Oval and Labels 1. I decided to emboss the top of the nut and tie a ribbon on it...and on the inside ... I put my sentiment... see below...
I also MADE my acorn paper with Paper Trey Ink Limitless Labels...so it's not perfect, but it was fun to do. Thanks for joining me today, recipe is below:

Recipe:
  • Stamps: Susie Squirrel by Digital Stamp Oasis, Acorn and sentiment by Paper Trey Ink Limitless Labels
  • Paper: Joann's
  • Nestabilities: Oval and Labels 1
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Antique Photo and Scattered Straw
  • Other: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug and Grograin Ribbon

2 comments:

Ellibelle said...

So cute, Paula!! Love how the acorn opens up for the sentiment!

Michelle Quinno said...

Adorable! Love the acorn! You must have grey squirrels where you are. We mostly have red.