Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thrifty Christmas: Gifts under $5, for the Guys!

Guys can be difficult to purchase for, but MOST guys I know LOVE to BBQ (year round! LOL) So what would a BBQ chef enjoy? Spices and rubs of course! I found these in our local feed store, however I have found many more in the grocery store or more fancy versions in our farm type stores. So the purchase price of these particular spices are just a hair over $5, and again, I needed someway to make them look a little fancier. I made them a box (just like the snowmen salt shakers below) and nestled them in shredded paper so they didn't rattle around.


Since these are "western" style spices, I decided to do a "western/masculine" theme on my box. I used Kraft paper and found this Stampin Up set from 2002 (admittedly I have no idea the name of the set, but it worked for this gift perfectly!). So I cut out my box lid, scored it and THEN I stamped it (see below, because this time I stamped on the lid sides too!). I then added some masculine ribbon and the leaf and berries (cut off a $1 wreath from Dollar Tree...and dh wanted me to add that this was his part in this...he recommended the greenery!)
Here's the side view of this box;


Recipe:
  • Stamps: '02 Stampin Up (western, I'm sorry it doesn't have the name on the set), CTMH Baroque Swirl
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Shabby Shutter and Old Paper
  • Other: Double Stick Tape, Ribbon, Glue Dot (to hold on the greenery) and Greenery








1 comment:

Michelle Quinno said...

Oooh, great one!

I see that game down there. It's calling my name....I'm afraid!!!