Monday, February 9, 2009

Rock ON Valentine, Reminder to Vote and Good Mail Day!

Lots going on here today! A reminder to my Split Coast Stamper Blogging Group to GO VOTE for our name...ANYTHING is better than GROUP 8...right? So be sure to p-mail me from Split Coast Stampers with your VOTE! You have until tonight midnight to do so... it's a very close race and your vote COULD make the difference!

Ok, now onto our card today...which was super fast fast fast.... I made this for my little brother (ok so he's like 6'6"...so not so little), but he's in a rock n roll band...The LOVE Handles (he's the youngest Love Handle at age 33), and they play 70's & 80's Rock Music...they are AWESOME! So I thought he'd appreciate this card...it is void of any "major" colors because he's color blind...so he sees things in shades of grey...in fact the red on here he'll think of as green...because of it's shade, but I digress... The layout was one of the Mojo Monday sketches (not this week's but past), and the sparkly paper seemed very "rockerish". The stamps were BRAND SPANKING new, so they didn't ink up quite as well as I would have liked, even though I stamped and restamped and scrubbed...sigh... I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with new acrylics...I LOVE them 'cuz they're new and hate them 'cuz they aren't cured quite yet... so maybe by next card the ink will settle in a bit better. Anyway, recipe below...

Recipe:
  • Stamps: H & M Rock On
  • Ink: Mary Cherry Red, Staz On Black
  • Paper: DCWV
  • Other: Circle punches by EK Success, Heart Stickers by K & Co., Pop Dot

And now onto my good mail day...I got a lovely package from KL Stamping and Scrapping Friday (it's been a super busy weekend) with this lovely little Tilda with a Candle from Magnolia stampers. Now I've never tried an EZ Mounted Stamp before, I buy everything unmounted ('cuz let's face it...I'm cheap!), so I'm anxious to ink her up and try her out. Be sure to stop by KLSNS' blog...they are having a fantastic contest this month where you could win some Yummy paper (Bittersweet by Basic Grey)...not too mention all the fabulous ideas...those dt ladies are just soooooo talented! They also have blog candy quite a bit...and everything they have offered so far has been uberly awesome!



7 comments:

Ellibelle said...

That card is Gorgeous! Your not-so-little little brother will love it!!

Jacquel said...

Your card is so pretty and that's a cute stamp! can't wait to see what you create with it!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Cool card! It rocks!!

I have that same relationship. ;-) I sand mine with a nail file and it helps.

Jan said...

Cool card, Paula! Your brother will LOVE it!
I have the same problem with some of my acrylic stamps and I have used a sanding block to file mine.

~Lori Roop said...

Super fun mail!! Great card too!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my gosh! The Love Handles!! Hilarious! Actually, my brother in law is in a band called 'Gut'. It's crazy great heavy metal but how funny is it that both bands are referring to their, uh hem, 'softness'! hahahaha

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my gosh! The Love Handles!! Hilarious! Actually, my brother in law is in a band called 'Gut'. It's crazy great heavy metal but how funny is it that both bands are referring to their, uh hem, 'softness'! hahahaha