Friday, December 18, 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge: Multi-Folds

This week on the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, our challenge is to make a card with more than one or regular fold... Our sponsor this week is:

Simon Says Stamp with a $25 gift certificate to their store...how fun! So even if you don't get what you want for Christmas under the tree, maybe you can win and pick it out!

Let's get onto my projectS for the day. I decided to go with a tri-fold gift card folder ('tis the season and I've got lots of gift cards I need to disguise!). I found a tutuorial on Splitcoast Stampers you can see HERE... This was truly a quick and easy project. I started with my candy canes...they are two pipe cleaners twirled together, I then cut them to 2" lengths, criss crossed them, put a little bit of wire in the middle to hold them together and then I sprayed them with adhesive and the glittered them. It sounds like a lot of work, but really went quickly.

I then went to work on my card while the candy canes dried...after I got everything cut out, I sponged the edges with a little antique photo ink (by Tim Holtz) to give it a aged looked.
I then took the little envelope that came with the gift card and used THAT as my template for the inside (in the tutorial it says use a #3 coin envy..this was just as easy and I had it on hand). I then used my Nestabilities Labels #4 and cut out the hole so that my gif certificate can peak through (that's the shiny gold thing on the right in the photo below). I finished my project up with some glittered holly, a rhinestone and some organza ribbon and lace...so girly! (keep scrolling, because I have a masculine version below!)

  • Recipe:
  • Stamps: Autumn Leaves Christmas set (last year, name of set unknown...sorry) and Papertrey Ink Stocking Prints
  • Paper: Joann's
  • Ink: Antique Photo Tim Holtz
  • Nestabilities: Labels 4
  • Punches: Emagination Holly Leaf
  • Other: Ribbon, Glitter, Spray Adhesive, Lace, Rhinestone, Pink and White Pipe Cleaner, Wire Cutter, Pin

Now my masculine version had less "stuff" on it, but was still fun...I used an old stamp I've had for.ever that I got free from CK (it's the snowflake) about 7 years ago... I also opted for an unusual color scheme, brown and teal... I added some glitter with my Stickles...


Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy!

  • Recipe:
  • Stamps: Fancy Flourishes by Paper Trey Ink, Snowflake by CK & PSX Designs
  • Ink: Martha Stewart and Tim Holtz
  • Other: Stickles and Pop Dots

2 comments:

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Wow Paula! I love this gift card. The candy canes are my favorite and I will definitely have to give it a try.

Amy Johnson said...

Oh, how cute! I especially love those candy canes!