Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thrifty Christmas Tutorial: Glittered Snowflakes

I've had a few questions about where I "buy" my pretty snowflakes... I don't buy them (that would go against "thrifty"), I MAKE them, so here is what you need:
  • Paper
  • Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart used here, but any will do)
  • Glue Pad (Martha Stewart used here, but any will do)
  • Glitter (Martha Stewart used here, but any will do) are ya catching a theme here? LOL
  • Bead Catcher (or a scrap piece of paper to catch the glitter)
  • Baby Wipes (or something to clean your fingers up, this can get a little messy)

First: Punch out your shape

Second: Add glue to your glue pad (if needed, I find my dries out after one session of use)


Tap your snowflake directly on the glue pad, coverage is what's important here... Don't worry if you get a little on the back...



Remove snowflake from glue pad, flip over so that the sticky side is up, place on your "glitter catcher" and sprinkle with glitter.
Wipe your gluey fingers off!


Shake your snowflake off of loose glitter and place somewhere to dry. After it's dried I use pop-dots to attach it to packages, tags and cards (or whatever else you can think of!)


This is a really inexpensive embellishment that looks very expensive (have you BEEN to Hallmark and see what they cost? Oy!) and very elegant.





2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Ahhhh...gotta love the glitter. It's pretty messy though! I was using it the other night. Great tutorial!

Michelle Quinno said...

Ok, and I just need to know what you did with your glue pad to make it pink! LOL Mine is nice and white. I guess that shows who uses it more?!