Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thrifty Christmas: Gifts Under $5, Notecard Set

Been looking for a semi-last minute gift? Something a little personal? Me too! Actually I've had this notecard set in my head for quite awhile, but needed to get it done for an upcoming gift exchange with a music teacher. So instead of doing a "monogrammed" set, and knowing that she sends home lots of little notes, I decided to go with the music theme and create a quick, but cute, notecard set for her.

I used my Just Rite stamper to create the ring (A Small Note) around the music note, then using my nestabilities circle, cut it out and embossed it. I also used my Allegro embossing folder from Cuttlebug to use as a background for this set. It was quick and it was easy!

Then I needed a clever way to package 8 notecards and envelopes and remembered Lauren Meader came out with a cute little box with Timeless Templates (from paper trey ink, link here http://laurenm.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2008/12/11/template-time/) EXCEPT it's release date is the 15th...now KNOWING I don't have TIME to wait on the template, I made my own...I shoulda waited and just bought the template! This is the 4th or 5th version of trial and error and it came out...ok, not great, I'm not super pleased with the fit...it's a little loose, but it'll do.... so save yourself some aggrevation and go purchase her template if you like this box...trust me, it's worth every darn penny!

Recipe:

  • Stamp: Just Rite (for a small note), Music Note (unknown)
  • Embossing: Nesabilities (circle), Allegro by Cuttlebug
  • Ink: Tim Holtz
  • Paper: All from Joann's
  • Other: Organza Ribbon, Button, Flower (from silk flower bush)

No comments: