Monday, February 16, 2009

Card Sketch A Day; Hello There

I have one of the featured cards on Card Sketch a Day blog today. Sometimes inspiration strikes you when you least expect it. I was given this sketch and I thought AND THOUGHT about it...and then the idea brick hit me (in the ER of ALL places a few weeks ago, no, not for me!)...with a HUGE thud... and off I was creating...
I decided to use Tilda from Magnolia for this sketch...and I decided to go with a spring time theme, because, this time of year, we are ready for some warm weather! I used blue and green (springy colors) and added some butterflies to give this a nice spring time feeling. I used some pop-dots to give Tilda and the Butterflies some dimension. I also added some stickles to both to give it a little "bling" factor. The flowery paper from DCWV really lent the springy edge I was looking for. Hope you like her and as usual...the recipe is below, enjoy!



Recipe:
  • Stamps: Tilda from Magnolia, Butterflies from Doodlebug Teenage Girl, Sentiment from Hero Arts
  • Ink: Tim Holtz
  • Paper: DCWV Nana's Nurservy
  • Other: Stickles, Colored Pencils, Pop Dots

11 comments:

sumbine said...

Beautiful card, i love the soft colors, the papers and the cute image!

Deb said...

This is very cute! I love the Magnolia stamp - you did a great job!

Unknown said...

This card is TOTALLY Adorable! I love it! :)

Ellibelle said...

This is too cute! Love your coloring and those butterflies are darling! Love that pretty designer paper too.

Michelle said...

Wow this is adorable...isn't it funny how, when & where inspiration strikes?!

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooo...i LOVE it! What a fun sketch! And Tilda is perfect for it, especially with the matching DP you chose. Wow, awesome card! :)

Jacquel said...

Wow! love the sketch, your colors and the cute image...I'll have to check that link out!! tfs!!!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Paula, you are killing me here with the cuteness! Love how you cut out the images. The sparkle on the butterflies is awesome. Love it!
:) Rachel

Michelle Quinno said...

Awwww, that is so sweet! Love the sketch too!

Laura VanVleet said...

Wow~scarey sketch! You did a great job with it!! I love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Great card, wonderful take on the sketch!!

Hugs

~Spike