Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge #26, My Card Photo Studio and MORE!

This card was done for the Cupcake Craft Challenge #26, our challenge was to create a scene. I brayered the background, added the sand, color and cutout the sandcastle and fish, both were pop dotted and the seaweeds (actually my fern punch) was added behind the castle. Dew drops were used as the bubbles. I did emboss using my Cuttlebug folder, printed out my sentiment and cut it out with my Nestabilities die. The card opens on my scalloped edge (see below photo). Hope you enjoy! Recipe below as usual...and my Card Photo Studio is below that!

Recipe:
  • Stamp: Stampendous Sushi Bowl Party
  • Inks: Marvy
  • Punch/Die: Nesatabilities Oval and Scalloped Oval, Fern (Unknown), Fiskars Threading Water
  • Other: Brayer, Markers, Robins Nest Dew Drops, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Spots and Dots, Printed Sentiment

Here is my card photo studio...this is a light box purchased off of ebay for about $14, I use a desk lamp to light it... as you can see I have very limited light in my studio even with it next to the window and this has been the best thing for my cards! I've added white cardstock for a smooth background (the fabric on the box is wrinkled and I was unsure if I could iron it...). I use a Kodak Easy Share digital camera...so nothing fancy. See photos below card studio of cards with and without photo enhancing software.

I wanted to touch a little on photo enhancing software, the card on the left was un-enhanced, the card on the right was auto enhanced...seems a little clearer doesn't it? I just let the program do "it's thang"...nothing hard, just an extra step to make my photo a little better. I also use my "close up" selector on my camera, it takes clearer, close up photos than just "auto"...so make sure you know your camera also. I hope this helps someone!


Here's the more:
I've been a little away from my blog for a few days...Let's just say I had a bad day at work on Friday (ooooh, I know it was FRIDAY the 13th...bwahahahaha...actually I'm not superstitious), but when I have a bad day at work, it usually means I got hurt...and well, yeah, I got hurt. I was riding a young horse and the short version is he zigged, I zagged and face planted myself into the ground (luckily I was in the indoor arena and the ground is pretty soft!). Nothing major except I'm sore and stiff all over. So I spent Friday resting and Saturday I went to an all day crop...didn't get a lot done except chatting with my BFF and making some wonderful new friends...so I really don't have anything FAB to show you from my efforts since I wasn't exactly feeling the "creating mojo"...I just kind of puttered along...and supported the local CMC (and no, I don't really scrap CMC style, but enjoy the fellowship of other scrappers...although they do have some pretty paper...have you seen it lately?). The I came home and dh and I did a little Valentine celebration, I made his favorite dinner (Hamburger casserole..he's easy to please) and we rented some movies of which I stayed awake for almost one of them...LOL...so anyway...that's why I've been MIA... and I'm ok...just a little stiff and sore...





8 comments:

Raisa said...

I really love your card, the fish is so cute.
Hope ypu're not very sore after your "flight"
How familiar your film looking sounds, just like in our family :D

Michelle Quinno said...

That's amazing, Paula! Love your card studio too.

Laura said...

Great card, love the coloring and the dimension. thanks for the look at your photo lab, lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry your not feeling well. I hope you start feeling better soon! The card is awesome and thanks for the back info on the photobox. I have one, but haven't figured it out myself! I take mine outside to use natural light, then I still edit it to adjust the lighting.
~Lacey

Anonymous said...

Super cute card ... I hope you are feeling better after your "accident" ...TFS!!!

MaryJo said...

Oh, I never thought of using Dew Drops for bubbles! Very creative!!

Ceal said...

Cute Card! thanks for joining us this week at CCC

Alicia said...

I have a studio sorta like yours still working on getting the photos just right. I love how you did the scene on your card very cute.