Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Sound of Crickets.... and a Valentine

...so I went to a Mary Kay demonstration last night with my BFF (she's a consultant)...and we did our faces and they tooks our photos (which we'll collect next week when they try to recruit us...LOL)... However my BFF was in another room doing "consultant" things and we (the guests as we were called) were left with one of the "higher" up consultants that helped us through our make up application process. Very sweet woman, however, she just wasn't too sure of me... For starters, she had us hold up our right hands and "repeat after her"...so I did UNTIL she said "laugh at my jokes..." I took my hand down and looked at her straight in the eye and said "Nope, not gonna promise that, 'cuz I don't know if you're funny..."... I don't think she's used to having someone so straight forward (or with a DRY sense of humor...because really, I was just being my comedic little self!), after that I think she just handled me with "kid gloves"...(I did laugh at a few of her funnier jokes though...). So we get our make up on, our photos taken (Valentine's gifts for dh's is how they were presented) and the rest of the consultants return to the guests...and the "higher" up consultant goes around and asked the consultants what differences they noticed in their guests... Comments for the first guest were like "Wow! What a difference, beautiful, etc..." is what I heard... Comments for the second guest were like"Deeper eyes, etc..." and then we get to me...and YES this is where I heard crickets.... I felt like saying "Buehler, Buehler....Buehler?"...and then one consultant yelled "YOU'RE SMOKING HOT!" ... I couldn't help but giggle.... I almost ran over there and kissed this woman I didn't even know... so I'm guessing that this makes me ... well ... makes me... hmm... I CAME to this thing w/o make up and no one really noticed a difference AFTER the makeup... so I'm either uglier than a mud rail fence or I just don't look like I'm wearing make up when I am...hmmm??????? So I'm not sure WHAT it makes me...but when I got home dh told me I looked "all dolled up..."...gosh I love that man! I did feel pretty...even if I did hear crickets....LOL...

Ok, well now onto our card for today...this was done for the House Mouse Monday Challenge (Valentines) and the Spoon Full of Sugar Sketch. I made this card for my mom, she's pretty much the reason I have an affinity for bunnies (and who could resist the snugglishishness of these Happy Hoppers?)! The quote on the bottom of the card says "If I know what love is, it is because of you!" My flowers have been lightly inked, then stickled and then two tear drop rhinestones put together to fashion a heart in the middle. I added ribbons and the love charm to the right. The stick pin on the lower left of the card is actually a jewelry pin, that I added beads to and a distressed Martha Stewart Lace Heart to...the minute I saw the lacey heart I KNEW I wanted to stick a pin through it! LOL! I added the tear drop rhinestones to the top of the lacey heart to give it a little bling! The last bead has 1/2 a glue dot on it and then the pin stuck through so the beads don't slide off. My Happy Hoppers are colored with colored pencils and I shadowed them in pink very lightly and then distressed the edges of the cardstock with some Antique Photo Ink by Tim Holtz. I stickled the hearts (although THAT did not photo well) I also distressed the Lacey Heart Border with the Antique Photo Ink. I finished the card off with a little piercing...and yes I used my favorite color...PINK! Recipe below...

Recipe:

  • Stamps: House Mouse Happy Hoppers Love Bunny
  • Ink: StazOn, Tim Holtz Antique Photo
  • Paper: De Ja View, Around the Block
  • Punches: Martha Stewart Lacey Heart, Heart Lace Border Punch
  • Other: Rhinestones, Beads, Ribbon, Heart Charm, Pop Dots, Colored Pencils, Stickles, Piercing Bug

16 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

Funny story Paula!! I used to be a MaryKay lady 100 years ago. it's a pretty cheesy gig. Hence, "was". I did have the best skin of my life though!

Chris Sponseller said...

OK, you, my friend, are SMOKIN' HOT!
Love the card BTW ;)

Michelle Quinno said...

You are way too funny! You are NOT uglier than a mud rail fence!! I think they were smokin.

LOVE the card. It's precious!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Paula, this is so beautiful! Love all the details you added. So Lovely!
:) Rachel

Donna said...

love your card, the image, your layout, the paper piercing and the border punch you used....very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I love the stick pin and the image is adorable! Very funny story about the Mary Kay party, too!! Gotta love when the hubby knows the right thing to say, right?!
~Lacey

Jean McKenzie said...

Paula, I love your card and the image you used! That heart border is just so pretty and it is punched so cleanly.

Jan said...

Adorable card, Paula! Great attention to detail!

Alicia said...

Paula you put such wonderful details into this BEAUTIFUL!!!

Michelle Yvette said...

Beautiful card, love the details in the corners!

Oh and your story is funny!

Allison said...

so cute, beautiful image
AllisonX

Unknown said...

So sweet and cute valentine card... I just love this!!

debby4000 said...

Oh my what a gorgeous card its absolutely beautiful.

Laura VanVleet said...

Love, love, love this!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Sweet!

sumbine said...

Awesome card, all the details looks so beautiful and i really like the image.
Did i say i love bunnies? :-)

Hugs Sabine