Sunday, February 22, 2009

High Hopes Howdy Pardner!

Here's my design team entry for High Hopes Stamps. My prize from a Spoon Full of Sugar got here none to soon too! I used Cowgirl Candice with the Howdy Pardner sentiment. I wanted to go with an "old west" theme, so I used my Basic Grey Calamatie Jane papers for this card. I love how the paper looks like old fencing (something I see daily!)...and to keep up with the "old west" look, I also distressed my image a little by inking the edges and then using my distressing tool. I added the sentiment banner and distressed using the same techniques and then put a little wave on it for a touch of dimension, so it actually comes off the card just a tad bit. I added some "rope" ribbon behind my image and tied a few knots onto it, kind of a barbed wire feel...and then I added a lasso in the corner with a star button to complete my look. Enjoy...and recipe below... Happy Trails to YOOOOUUUUU....un.til we meet ag.ain.....



Recipe:

  • Stamps: High Hopes Cowgirl Candice and Howdy Pardner
  • Ink: Stazon, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
  • Paper: Basic Grey Calamatie Jane
  • Other: Star button, hemp, distressing tool, sponge, pop dot

11 comments:

Jacquel said...

Supah cute card Paula and your coloring is so nice! I love those HH stamps...you do really great work with them! TFS!!!

Michelle said...

Great card Paula...love that banner!!

Laura Pryor said...

Adorable everything! My favorite is the lasso look you gave your embellies! Nice job

Laura VanVleet said...

This is super cute, Paula!!! So glad you won the stamp, because it is sooo you!!! Good Luck with the High Hopes DT!

~Lori Roop said...

SUPER CUTE!!! Love the twine and iamge.

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, Paula, this is so cute!! Love what you did with the *rope* and that star brad! Too cute.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Love love love this! Great job for the DT -- will keep my fingers (and toes!) crossed for you!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Just a quick note to check my blog when you have a chance! I nominated you for a well deserved award!

Beverly Montez said...

Paula, your entry is so AWESOME. You did a great job.

Alicia said...

Oh that is a super cute card I hope one of us creatively cute bloggers makes the guest DT. Your card is sure to put you in the top of the pile Good luck.

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Howdy Paula! Another cutie card! You are way too fabulous! Super Duper Card!