Friday, February 6, 2009

Quadruple Challenge Princess Bride Card

This is a QUADRUPLE Challenge card...whew!

I KNEW when I saw the sketch and the Cinema Saturday theme EXACTLY WHAT I wanted to do...now I've never seen the Princess Bride movie, and I KNOW you can watch it online, however I have turtle speed internet service...and I mean some blogs I click on ... go do dishes (by hand) and come back and it "might" be up... so I didn't bother to download the movie and watch it online, so I ran with the "bride" theme.

I used no dp in this card...it's completely handstamped! The dress in this card is recessed and the scalloped border has been pushed out for a nice layered effect (another angle is below to show this better). Since I didn't have any complimentary paper that matched my color choices, I made my own by sponging ink onto the creamy cardstock. The sentiment in the upper left hand corner was made with my nestabilities, and flowers (just like in the lower right hand corner) that I folded up and sewn shut, I added some Martha Stewart Branches and a Butterfly and some Stickles and Rhinestones to match! Below in the lower right hand corner, I layers MS branches with some pip berries I had left over from another Christmas project and paired the flowers with some ring embellishments brought home from a wedding reception favor. The ribbon seen has also been inked so that it matched. Hope you enjoyed...recipe specifics are below!




Recipe:
  • Stamps: Hero Arts Italian Poetry Background, Inkadinkado Wedding Dress, Studio G Sentiment
  • Ink: Tim Holtz Scattered Straw
  • Paper: Cream Cardstock
  • Dies: Nestabilities Circle and Circle Scallops
  • Punches: Martha Stewart Branches and Butterfly
  • Other: Stickles, Flowers, Pip Berries, Rings and Ribbon






8 comments:

Laura VanVleet said...

This is a totally awesome card, Paula!! I'm so impressed that you combined THREE challenges into one card! Whoo Hoo for you!! You really need to rent the Princess Bride DVD~it's one of my family's favorite movies!!
Love this beautiful card, girlfriend!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

STUNNING! This a is real beauty!Love it! Simply Fabulous! Great job on the challenges.
:) Rachel

Michelle Quinno said...

That is amazing, Paula! Simply gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a stunning card!! I just love everything about it!! OMG! You rocked these challenges.
~Lacey

Carolyn Bounds said...

GORGEOUS!!! STUNNING!!! STRIKING!!! And, every other word that says WOW!!!! Your divine card literally left me speechless!!! I am totally in awe of your amazing talent!!! You SOOO rocked each of these challenges with this incredibly elegant card!!! Wow!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Laura said...

Yikes!!!This is so stinking beautiful (I'm trying to sound like JanTink, lol) I love it!!! So much detail.

Sue from Oregon said...

Gorgeous card! My daughter has this stamp...I will have to share your link with her!

Alicia said...

This is GORGEOUS what a beautiful monochromatic color scheme.