Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cupcake Craft Challenge #25 & Mojo Monday

Is anyone else FREEEEZZZZZING? Brrr! It was one of THOSE days yesterday, when it was bone chilling cold...the kind of cold you can't seem to warm up from! It's not necessarily a record breaking day as far the thermometer goes (I think our high was in the teens) but the dampness...brrrrrr......right to the bone!

Well, since it was cold and I was cold, I decided to do a card with some springtime (and warmer) flavor to it. This week on the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog was a color challenge (see below for a picture of the colors), the colors are pretty in pink, perfect plum, pale plum and whisper white...don't those sound like springtime colors? This week the CCC blog is also picking two people to be guest designers...how cool is that? So this is my entry... I used this weeks sketch from the Mojo Monday blog for my card...
I just love Magnolia's Tilda, she is just so sweet! She's an absolute blast to color also, I have the best time with her hair! Today she' s a blonde with purple ribbons in her hair (don't you wish you could change your hair color with just a stroke of a pencil or pen? I sure do...LOL)! This is a pretty straight forward card for me, I stickled the flower a little and all the butterflies and I actually stuck one butterfly on the flower itself with a glue dot. I used a lot of pop dots on this card, it's a dimensional card...keep scrolling down to see an angled view. Recipe is at the bottom. Thanks for looking!


Recipe:
  • Stamps: Magnolia Tilda Sitting, CTMH Happy Birthday, Doodlebug Teen Girl Butterflies
  • Paper: DCWV Nana's Nursery
  • Ink: Staz On
  • Punch: Martha Stewart Lace Border
  • Other: Flower, Stickles, Button, Ribbon, Pop Dots

11 comments:

Olena said...

Very nice card! Love it! ~Olena~

Michelle Quinno said...

It's gorgeous, Paula! Love the color combo, the use of the MS border punch, the sketch, etc.

I like Tilda but I always have the urge to draw in a nose and mouth! LOL

Anjou Krelovich said...

So pretty! I love how you brought the pink in. Great job on the coloring too!

Jen said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining the Cupcake Craft challenge this week.
Jen x

Bev said...

Gorgeous card Paula, love the cute image and beautiful colours
hugs Bev x

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Super! Love those little butterflies! Beautiful!
:) Rach

Jan said...

Darling card, Paula! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Lauren said...

Nice card thanks for joining in. xx

Ellibelle said...

This is darling! I love your coloring and those butterflies you added are beautiful!

Michelle Yvette said...

This card is so cute, wonderful coloring and love the colors too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is beautiful. I just love the butterfly on the flower. Thanks for playing! :)