Monday, February 23, 2009

Creatively Cute Challenge #1, Pink Elephant Challenge #3: Fluffy Little Gift

Double the challenge, double the fun, with double mint, double mint, double mint gum! (oh, "almost" the song...huh?) ANYWAY, my Creatively Cute Blogging Group has started to do Challenges (see here for all the deets) and this weeks challenge is to create a card that is about YOU... so I chose this Gift From Kitty stamp set (I've been looking for a good excuse to use it) and the REASON I chose this kitty is his funny little sentiment...A Fluffy Little Gift from Kitty... which explains me...a little bit sassy, and a little bit sweet (and I LOVE making and gifting homemade goodies...as apparently does this kitteh...)
Now onto the card, I did a different type of coloring job...I was unhappy with my High Hopes entry (my coloring job), so I decided to try something different with today's post. This kitty was stamped on watercolor paper, I then used water based pens (Tombow and Martha Stewart brands) and wet a paintbrush and did a little watercoloring...I think I like the results...and I think I could get much better...LOL
I added some fiber instead of ribbon to my card to bring some attention to Kitty's "gift"...I also knotted the fiber and put it in the middle of my prima flower. This card was made with this weeks Pink Elephants Challenge #3 sketch (see below card photos for actual sketch). Recipe below...thanks for looking!




Recipe:
  • Stamps: Inkadinkado A gift from kitty, Studio G Swirl
  • Paper: Vibrant, Watercolor
  • Ink: Staz On
  • Markers: Tombow, Martha Stewart
  • Punches: Fiskars Treading Water
  • Other: Prima Flower, Fiber, Paint Brush, Water, White Gel Pen

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

Cute kitty!
Chrissie

el said...

So cute! Love that image and the designer paper. That sketch is gorgeous too! I need to make a card with it!

Ellibelle said...

Ok, that post above is actually ellie, I created a blog today because I need to figure out how to add a subscribe to link on my actual blog, but was affraid I'd mess it up somehow.(and of course I forgot to sign out from there before I left a comment!) Sorry about that paula.

Jan said...

Cute card Paula! Love that kitty image!

Alicia said...

Paula that fiber is perrrrrfect for the kitty card because you always thing of a ball of yarn when you think of kitties. Very cute

Michelle Quinno said...

Very cute kitty!!! Love the effect of the fibers.

Annie said...

A great card and that Kitty is just so cute.
Thank you for joining the Pink Elephant challenge this week - it's great to come and look at people's work.

Ann xxx

Anjou Krelovich said...

So cute Paula! Love it!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

How adorable is that kitty? Super cute! Another fantastic card!
:) Rachel

Unknown said...

What a sweet card, Paula! I love what you did with the fibers! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at TPE!

Robin said...

Oh I love this!! That cat and sentiment made me giggle!!! Using fiber instead of ribbon is perfect for this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
Robin
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com